18 May The New Normal In Caring For You
We are excited to announce that we are open again as of Tuesday, May 26! We have extended our hours to get as many guests in for services while also complying with lowered capacity guidelines. We will be open for services Tuesday-Sunday from 8am to 8pm. We will be closed on Mondays.
We want to thank you for your continued patience and support during the last two months. We have been working hard behind the scenes to create the safest possible environment for everyone and we are very excited to see all of you! We have missed you so much and can’t wait to take care of you again and help you look and feel your best. We are confident that the protocols that have been put in place will allow you to experience a safe, sanitary and relaxing atmosphere to enjoy all of the wonderful services you have been missing.
We want to clearly communicate all of the changes we have made to make our re-opening successful and safe for our community. These changes are temporary and will be in place for the first 90 days that we are open. We will reevaluate at that time and decide if they need to be extended.
General safety and sanitation protocols that will be in place:
- We’ll be operating at 50% capacity. The styling team will be split into separate working days to allow every other styling station to remain empty at all times and limit the amount of people in the salon at one time.
- All guests must have an appointment. We will not be taking walk-in appointments and the door will remain locked to reduce foot traffic.
- The interior space has been professionally sanitized by fog machine.
- All staff members will be required to wear a mask and/or shield at all times.
- All staff members will have a daily temperature reading upon arrival.
- All staff members have been certified by Barbacide in proper disinfecting procedures specifically related to Covid-19.
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized every 15 minutes.
- All seating and magazines have been removed from the waiting area.
- All product and makeup testers have been removed.
- All self-serve capes and shirts have been removed from the restroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be supplied at the entryway, every styling station, front desk and restroom.
- Touch-less soap dispensers will be placed in the restroom.
- Plexiglass dividers have been placed around the front desk, between each styling station and around service tables.
- Floor markers have been placed around the salon to designate six feet of distance in certain areas.
- Every chair/table will be sanitized after every guest.
- Every guest will receive a freshly sanitized cape for their service.
Guest experience policies and guidelines that will be in place:
- Call when you arrive – We’ll let you know with a call or text when your service provider is ready and you can enter the salon.
- One person per appointment – No additional guests/children are allowed to enter your appointment with you. If you are more than 10 minutes late, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We’ll greet you verbally – No hugs or handshakes.
- All guests must sanitize hands upon entry – With your service provider.
- All guests must have temperature taken upon entry – Via contactless thermometer (If 100 degrees or higher, you must reschedule).
- All guests must sign a waiver upon entry – It’s just a few short questions – quick and easy.
- All guests must wear a mask – We will provide one if needed.
- We will not be offering beverage service – Massage services will include an individual bottle of water.
- We will not be offering some complimentary Aveda rituals – No hand or arm massages during hair services.
- Allow our staff to shop the retail area for you – We will grab your products, sanitize the bottles and bag them for you. All product and makeup testers have been removed.
- Children’s cuts (under 16) need management approval to book – This allows proper scheduling for both you and your child to be in the salon together while maintaining capacity and social distancing guidelines.
- Contactless Payment Options Preferred – The best option is to use our new Pocket Salon app or utilize Apple/Google Pay. You also have the option to leave a card number on file with us.
We will be relying on technology more than ever to make our re-opening as smooth as possible, therefore, we are asking every guest to download our new app, Pocket Salon.
Download for iOS: https://apple.co/3cP2uf1
Download for Android: https://bit.ly/3cSdGHB
We will be relying on this app to limit 1-1 interaction and the app allows you to view upcoming appointments/history, book appointments (for spa services only at this time), check-in upon arrival, receive texts from us when it is time for you to enter the salon, message your stylist/service provider, pre-book your next appointment, purchase retail products and self-checkout.
We thank you for your understanding and compliance with these new policies. We want you to feel comfortable and cared for during your visit. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram – @pjsalonspa. We will always post important updates there and will be sharing links to download Pocket Salon and posting a video tour of the salon prior to opening.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Phil Shipman – Owner – Philip Johnson Salon/Spa