Covid-19 Policies and Guidelines
These changes are temporary and will be in place until it is safe to revise them.
General safety and sanitation protocols
- We’ll be operating at 50% capacity. The styling team will be split into separate working days to allow every other styling station to remain empty at all times and limit the amount of people in the salon at one time.
- All guests must have an appointment. We will not be taking walk-in appointments and the door will remain locked to reduce foot traffic.
- The interior space has been professionally sanitized by fog machine.
- All staff members will be required to wear a mask and/or shield at all times.
- All staff members will have a daily temperature reading upon arrival.
- All staff members have been certified by Barbacide in proper disinfecting procedures specifically related to Covid-19.
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized every 15 minutes.
- All seating and magazines have been removed from the waiting area.
- All product and makeup testers have been removed.
- All self-serve capes and shirts have been removed from the restroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be supplied at the entryway, every styling station, front desk and restroom.
- Touch-less soap dispensers will be placed in the restroom.
- Plexiglass dividers have been placed around the front desk, between each styling station and around service tables.
- Floor markers have been placed around the salon to designate six feet of distance in certain areas.
- Every chair/table will be sanitized after every guest.
- Every guest will receive a freshly sanitized cape for their service.
Spa safety and air space protocols
- Since some of our spa services require guests to remove their mask to safely receive treatments, we have taken the steps to mitigate any cross-contamination of the air space by separating the HVAC systems. The vents and air ducts in our massage and esthetics rooms are completely separate from the rest of the salon and spa areas. This way, if you feel comfortable coming into the salon for a service but not the spa, you can do so comfortably without worrying that the airspace may be contaminated. And as always, our entire staff remains masked the entire time they are on the premises.
Guest experience policies and guidelines
- Call when you arrive – We’ll let you know with a call or text when your service provider is ready and you can enter the salon.
- One person per appointment – No additional guests/children are allowed to enter your appointment with you. If you are more than 10 minutes late, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We’ll greet you verbally – No hugs or handshakes.
- All guests must sanitize hands upon entry – With your service provider.
- All guests must have temperature taken upon entry – Via contactless thermometer (If 100 degrees or higher, you must reschedule).
- All guests must sign a waiver upon entry – It’s just a few short questions – quick and easy.
- All guests must wear a mask – We will provide one if needed.
- We will not be offering beverage service – Massage services will include an individual bottle of water.
- We will not be offering some complimentary Aveda rituals – No hand or arm massages during hair services.
- Allow our staff to shop the retail area for you – We will grab your products, sanitize the bottles and bag them for you. All product and makeup testers have been removed.
- Children’s cuts (under 16) need management approval to book – This allows proper scheduling for both you and your child to be in the salon together while maintaining capacity and social distancing guidelines.
- Contactless Payment Options Preferred – The best option is to use our new Pocket Salon app or utilize Apple/Google Pay. You also have the option to leave a card number on file with us.